Friday, July 19, 2013

Full of Goodness Meat Loaf


I love cooking with vegetables! This is a wonderful veggie meatloaf that I make using turkey burger, extra firm tofu, LOTS of celery and carrots, and any other vegetables I may have in my fridge. The following is a suggested base recipe for you to use in making this healthy and delicious dinner dish:

1. One pound ground turkey
2. One or two packages extra firm tofu, drained
3. One stalk of chopped celery
4. Four or five medium sized carrots. You can see that I have my carrots soaking in a water bath. I use my alkaline water to get any pesticides off my vegetables before I cook with them. I also soak them in a little of the more acid pH water to kill any germs.
5. One yellow onion, finely chopped.
6. Parsley, sea salt and onion powder for seasoning. 

I mix all the ingredients together and bake in a lightly oiled baking pan, cooking it in the over at 375 for about one hour and until the sides are crispy. Take it out and let it cool before cutting, if you can wait that long. 

Did you know that celery and onions are good alkaline foods? According to Bernard Jensen in "Foods That Heal", the Ancient Oriental people gathered wild celery and brewed it as a medicinal  herb for stomach troubles. Jensen also tells us that Alexander the Great gave onions to his troupes to promote valor. Try mixing some carrot tops into your recipes. They are a little bitter, but they are packed full of potassium.











No comments:

Post a Comment