Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Apricot Puree

My husband is a true gleaner! If he sees fruit trees in the neighborhood with ripe fruit not being used, he will go to that persons home and ask if he can pick the fruit. One year he brought home so many apricots that we filled our little deep freeze. I like sauces, apple sauce, peach sauce, and apricot sauce. This batch turned out to be more of a puree than a sauce, but it was delicious. According to Bernard Jensen, author of "Foods That Heal", apricots are high on the alkaline list, a good summer cleanser and laxative, and they contain cobalt which may assist with anemia challenges. The apricot is mostly grown it the Western United States with California growing 97% of the commercial crop.

After washing my apricots I cook them in a pot with a little water
and some raw sugar or honey. You can do stevia as well. 



I put the cooked apricots in my steamer and squish the pulp through
the tiny holes with a potato smasher so that it is the consistency of a sauce or puree. 




I like to add some of my essential oils, either lemon or orange.
I only use Young Living Therapeutic Grade oils. They add
a delicious flavor!




The finished product! Isn't it pretty?



2 comments: