Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Green Omelet

On occasion I get a desire for an egg omelet, but eggs don't always agree with me, especially the yolks. I had recently watched a food show where the chef added spinach greens to the eggs in his omelet so I decided to try this mix and to keep this recipe more alkaline and less clogging,  just use the egg whites. This is how it turned out:



First I chopped and simmered some onions, bell peppers, celery, peas, carrots and mung beans in the fry pan. I don't use a lot of oil, just some Bragg liquid aminos for flavor plus a little water to soften the veggies. After the veggies turn transparent in color, I add my eggs and cover the pan with a lid. I think the key to a good omelet is to blend the eggs in a blender until a little foamy before you pour them onto the vegetable mix. In this egg mixture I added two handfuls of baby greens and then did the blending.

Doesn't it look appetizing? It had a wonderful aroma while cooking and a delicious burst of flavor. What a great idea for getting more of those alkaline vegetables into your diet. Remember using just the egg whites is also more alkalizing. Good to know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment