Sunday, April 13, 2014

Quinoa and Millet - Together! Yum!


Who would have thought that Quinoa and Millet would taste good together, but they do! Yum! Both of these grains are on the slightly alkaline side. I also added raw sunflower seeds, which are on the slightly acid side. 

Here is my recipe:

In an electric pressure cooker, place the following:

1 cup Quinoa
1 cup Millet
1 cup Raw Sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
*(the oil and salt are optional.  I like using a little oil in my pressure cooker, it helps the food come out easier and keeps the container easy to clean)
Add: 5 cups water
Cook: 7 minutes, sit until seal naturally releases
(if you don't have a pressure cooker, so sad, you could cook the grains separately and then mix them together)

When done, stir and refrigerate. 
As you are ready to eat this, you can add salty or sweet seasonings. Today I added the following to my one serving:

1 teaspoon Extra Virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle seasoning, or less. It is hot!
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 teaspoon Nutritional yeast











No comments:

Post a Comment