Friday, April 26, 2013

Tofu Steaks

I love tofu! It entered my life during a time of struggle and confusion. I had always been taught that dairy was good for the body but my body said it was not so good. Every time I would eat dairy I would have this feeling that someone had their hands around my throat and were choking me! 

Finally, in desperation I prayed for the strength to give up dairy and asked that if it were possible a substitute would manifest. And so it did! About a week after my heartfelt prayer I received a coupon and recipe book for Mori Nu tofu. In that little recipe book I found milk substitutes, puddings recipes, and many other delightful options that were dairy free! This new discovery led me to learn about all the different types of tofu that were on the market. One of my favorite alkaline recipes are these tofu steaks. 

I drain my water pack firm tofu then carefully cut it into steak size pieces. Putting the steaks in a fry pan, I then add some Bragg liquid aminos, you could use soy sauce if you prefer. To that seasoning I add a little bit of onion powder, black pepper, sesame seeds, and a squirt of olive oil. Cook this on low until it turns a light crispy brown. It is also good served cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment